HMRC - Updated Guidance On Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
You can find this guidance by searching for ‘Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme’ on GOV.UK.
What the new online guidance covers
The guidance includes:
• changes to the scheme and key dates that you need to be aware of
• how you can claim if you bring previously furloughed employees back to work part-time from 1 July (known as flexible furloughing) and how many employees you can claim for in any one claim
• how to claim, and the information you’ll need to do so
• how to work out how much you can claim, including an online calculator to help you
• more information on amending your claim.
Webinars offering more support on changes to the scheme and how they impact you are now available to book online – go to GOV.UK and search ‘help and support if your business is affected by coronavirus’.
We’d be grateful if you don’t call us for more information. All details are on GOV.UK and in our webinars. This will leave our phone lines open for those who need them most.
What you need to do now
• read the guidance to see how changes to the scheme impact you, using the calculator to understand how much you’ll be able to claim
• book a webinar via GOV.UK if you’d like more support
• consider which employees you want to keep on full-time furlough and which employees will come back to work – on what hours – to agree arrangements with them as needed for your business.
What you need to do from July
• start your flexible furloughing of employees from 1 July onwards. You can decide the hours and shift patterns they work to suit the needs of your business – you’ll pay their wages for the time they’re in work and can apply for a job retention scheme grant to cover any of their usual hours they are still furloughed for. You can still keep employees on full furlough if you need to
• claim for periods ending on or before 30 June, by 31 July – this is the last date you can make those claims
• claim for further furlough periods as needed – the first time you will be able to make a claim for days in July will be 1 July.
Self-Employment Income Support Scheme
We have also updated our guidance on the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme, with further details on terms for claiming a second grant in August. You can find this guidance by searching for ‘Self-Employment Income Support Scheme’ on GOV.UK.