Hull Business Discretionary Grant Application Guidance Notes
Hull Business Discretionary Grant
About this form
You are strongly advised to read the guidance notes, including eligibility criteria and exclusions before
completing this application.
Visit our website to access this guidance
Before you start
The application should take no more than 30 minutes to complete if you have the correct information
to hand and appropriate documents ready to upload.
We do not expect you to prepare any of these documents if you do not already have them.
Examples of the type of verifying evidence include -
• A copy of your latest annual accounts (essential)
• Payroll/PAYE records or similar to evidence employee numbers (essential)
• Latest management accounts (desirable)
• A cash-flow forecast if available (desirable)
• Lease/rental agreement, plus one of the following or similar –
• A bill/invoice to evidence occupancy of shared accommodation
• A letter from HMRC demonstrating the business/individual is registered to pay tax
at the premises (only required for those in shared space, without their own business
• Evidence of trading on or before 11 March 2020 (only required for businesses without a
business rates account)
• Any other information which you feel is relevant to us in assessing your application
In addition you will need to have the following -
• Business Companies House registration number (where applicable)
• VAT registration number (where applicable)
• Business bank account number and sort code
• Business rates account number and property reference number for all premises you occupy
Uploads must be of format jpeg, jpg, png, docx or pdf and no larger than 5MB.
The Council is required to account for how it spends public funds. As such the Council will likely be required
to publish or disclose upon request details of any amounts paid to you in respect of this application. This will
be necessary to meet the Council’s Transparency obligations and the requirements of the Freedom of
Information Act 2000.
About this form
Items marked with an asterisk (*) must be completed before you can continue to the next section.
Use the Previous and Next buttons to navigate through the form. Do not use the back arrow on your browser
as you may lose any information you have entered.